My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.simpleeatsfood.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cooking Shortcuts

It's amazing what cooking shortcuts will do for you. Today at the grocery store, I picked up a roasted chicken. I forgot how great these are! After pulling apart the chicken and taking the skin off, I had yummy, moist chicken, ready for eatin'! 
It went from this: 

to this:

Then I took all this: 

And made this:
love the red & green...sorta Christmasy, huh? 

Chicken salad is one of my favorite lunch time staples, but making it is usually a hassle and it can be pretty unhealthy. I looked at what I had on hand, and created this sweet, tangy, refreshing salad. The crunch from the walnuts and celery and the sweetness of cranberries is a winner.

Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
3 tbsp. lite mayo mixed with 2 tbsp. hot sauce, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. garlic powder
3 ribs of celery, chopped
1/2 a large white onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp. honey

Mix all ingredients together and serve over a bed of lettuce, in a wrap or eat straight from the bowl!

I turned it into this:

No comments:

Post a Comment