My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.simpleeatsfood.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

refreshing


Unsurprisingly, NYtimes.com has one of the best dining and wine sections I've ever read. Bitten, a blog written by Mark Bittman is one of my favorite go-to foodie reads. (I have to admit, I'll often click on it before I read the daily headlines...bad, I know). Today I didn't even have to! One of the featured videos on the front page of NYtimes.com site was by Mark Bittman, and it was about agua fresca. This refreshing drink is simply a mix of equal parts fruit puree/juice and water. Try some of the recipes Mark made, or just stop by a produce stand and see what combos you can create yourself. Summer is certainly the perfect season to do it. I'm thinking cantaloupe with a splash of lemon juice...yum.

(image via Whole Foods)

No comments:

Post a Comment