My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.simpleeatsfood.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

YUM

It's a cold, snowy day here in Boston, so I came home from work craving some comfort food, so I thought...mac and cheese! I grabbed some skim milk from the store and came back to see what else I had and came up with this super creamy, spicy pepperjack mac. I really don't measure that much when I cook, but here's my recipe. Make it the next time you're in the mood for something cozy.
1 cup whole wheat short pasta of your choice (I used rigatoni and mine was already cooked)
1/2 cup skim milk & 1/2 cup chicken stock mixed (I eyeballed this)
1 tblsp. butter
1 tblsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
1 tblsp. flour
1/4 diced onion
5 slices reduced fat pepperjack cheese
as much cayenne pepper as you'd like

Heat the olive oil and butter in a small skillet and heat for 1 minute. Add diced onion and let sweat for 3 minutes. Add flour and whisk together for 3-5 minutes. Turn up heat and cook milk and chicken stock until it bubbles. Reduce heat, stir until thickened. Add cheese and stir until smooth. Add noodles and stir to combine. DEVOUR!

No comments:

Post a Comment